Rockford West High School was built in 1940 on North Rockton Avenue in the Northwest side of Rockford. West served as a High School for 48 years until it was deactivated after the 1988-89 school year due to district budget problems. It now serves as a Middle School for the Rockford Public School System.
The West Warriors were a member of the "Big 8" Conference along with Rockford East, Joliet HS, Aurora East, Aurora West, Elgin, Freeport and LaSalle-Peru. The teams have changed from 1962 to 1988 and the conference was renamed the "Big 9" in 1971 then the "NIC-10" in 1985. When West closed, the name changed to it's present name, the "NIC-9".
Made with Wool Felt in the U.S.A.