New Brathaus Tee
Posted by Keith Watson on July 22, 2016
From our Madison Line - Available Now
Taverns come and go, but for more than 30 years, one watering hole reigned supreme in downtown Madison — the famous Brathaus, which sat at the corner of State Street and Lake Street. Starting in 1953, students, professors and downtown workers would gather for a famous bratwurst or steak sandwich and wash it down with an ice cold beer. It’s biggest days were football Saturdays when it seemed half the UW campus would crowd into the dim Bavarian-style pub to celebrate before and after the big game. Since 1989, the tavern has been under new ownership and gone by a new name — State Street Brats.