Fairview Lanes bowling alley was built in 1957 by Joe Bonavia and Bill Lee along East State Street in Rockford, IL, at the then edge of town. It hosted 26 fully automatic A.M.F. Lanes, snack bar, banquet room, sport shop and a nursery. Jewel Grocery Store approached Joe in the 1960’s to build next to the lanes and Fairview Shopping Center was soon born. They later expanded to 36 lanes and a popular lounge was added. Joe sold Fairview Lanes & Lounge to Robert Sesterhan in the 1970’s where it remained in operation until 1996. The wood lanes are still there under various retail shops now occupying the space.
52% combed and ring-spun cotton 48% polyester, preshrunk, 4.2 oz. Super soft with a fashion fit.